Inside The Five Best Restaurants In South Of FifthDecember 1, 2016
South of Fifth, or SoFi as locals call it, is home to multimillion-dollar high-rises, famous hotels, high-energy nightclubs and incredible restaurants. People from all over the world flock to Miami Beach to check out some of these restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for fine dining and delicious crab legs, or an artsy Miami restaurant that stays true to the local culture, (with a trendy twist, of course) your taste buds will thank you for trying out these five amazing restaurants in SoFi.
1. Joe’s Stone Crab — You can’t come to Miami beach without stopping by Joe’s Stone Crab. It’s been in the area for over 100 years and has made seafood lovers’ dreams come true for decades. Although this place is famous for the hard shell crab claws that are available from October to May, you will be blown away by the other delicious menu options, like the Lobster Ruben and the tangy Key lime pie. Keep in mind that lunch time is also a good time to visit, as dinnertime can get crazy from 7 to 8:30. The locals like to take advantage of the Joe’s Takeaway option, where they can order the same fresh seafood without waiting in the long lines. Foodies flock to Joe’s and rave about the fried chicken (yes at a seafood place!) and the crab cakes. Located on Washington Avenue, you’ll always run up a hefty tab at Joe’s Stone Crab, but we’ve never met someone who regretted it.
2. Prime 112 — This modern steakhouse gives a new meaning to steakhouses. Commonly referred to as a “chef-driven boutique steakhouse,” it has a highly innovative menu and a high-energy environment. Prime 112 is similar to the steakhouses you’re familiar with, with large portions and excellent menu options. However, this restaurant really takes it up a notch. From the finest quality dry aged beef to Kobe beef sliders, Prime 112 strives to serve the steakhouse food you love, with an elegant twist. If you’re coming to Prime 112 for the meat, (and really, who isn’t?) you have to try the 14 oz. New York strip or the 22 oz. bone-in ribeye. From the elegant appetizers, fresh salads, and soups, to the huge tender meat portions and delicious desserts, this upscale restaurant is the definition of fine dining. High-end clientele love Prime 112 because of its sophisticated atmosphere and five-star menu options.
3. Smith & Wollensky — If you are making your way around Miami Beach and want to explore all the amazing steakhouses, Smith & Wollensky is a must-try. This sophisticated steakhouse sits right on the water, allowing you to watch yachts cruise by as you enjoy your meal. At sunset you can watch the Miami skyline light up as the sun goes down behind it. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the food is to die for. With a full bar and outdoor seating, it’s a great place for a romantic date night or a night out with friends. Customers rave about the lobster BLT, the filet mignon, and the coconut dessert. As “America’s steakhouse” with locations across the country, they pride themselves on their finest choices of beef. The only thing that might be better than the impressive steak is the view from the outdoor patio. Located right on the water, Smith & Wollensky is the perfect place for an upscale dining experience.
4. Cafe des Arts Miami — If you’re looking for something a little more “Miami,” then you’ll have to check out a new place called Cafe des Arts Miami. You can get an idea of what this place is all about just by its name: There’s food, and there’s art. This restaurant is an Instagram enthusiast’s dream come true. From the eclectic decor to the gorgeous plates delivered to your table, this café is beautiful, and the food is delicious. If you find yourself here for lunch, you must try the organic lemon chicken breast or the salmon croque. The dinner menu is extensive, complete with steak, pasta, salad, oysters, and fresh fish. As the night progresses, more wine is poured, the laughter gets louder, and the energy level rises. It turns from a trendy brunch spot in Miami to one of the liveliest and sophisticated places in Miami Beach. During the week, Cafe des Arts hosts special events and parties. The Saturday night rooftop events are always a huge hit, and the weekly happy hours are a great place to unwind after a busy week. This upscale, artsy restaurant is located on Washington Avenue, and although it is new it has already earned its place with the top restaurants in the area.
5. Estatorio Milos — This is one of those restaurants that barely even needs an introduction. As their website states so perfectly, this incredible restaurant has been “recognized as one of the finest Mediterranean seafood restaurants in the world.” The establishment was founded by the famous chef Costas Spiliadis, “who has made it an unparalleled culinary destination in Montreal, New York, Athens, Las Vegas, Miami, and London.” For some of the best seafood you’ve ever had, this is the place to go. With over 20 species of fish and a menu that changes daily, you will always find something here that you’ve never tried before. For people who love options, Estatorio Milos is a dream come true. Your waiter will guide you through an abundant fish market, filled with fish caught just hours before. Seafood does not get more fresh than this. You decide which piece you want, and then decide how you want it prepared. Your expert waiter will help you pick the best wine to accompany your dinner and can recommend the best side dishes as well. Because the menu is always changing based on what this is freshest at the time, it is hard to recommend just one dish. Come here ready to dine properly: The food is incredibly fresh, but it does take some time to prepare. Here, you get what you pay for, and you will not be disappointed.
For more information on real estate opportunities in South of Fifth in Miami Beach, please contact one of our luxury real estate specialists at ARIALuxeRealty.com or feel free to contact us at +1-305-791-0002.